Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Will and Preschool

Today Will went to his third day of preschool. He actually started a week ago, August 12th, (Tuesdays and Thursdays only). I guess with everything else going on around here, I'm just now getting around to posting about it.
It's time for Will to discover independence. On the exterior, he looks like quite a natural go-getter and extrovert. But that's not quite right. Truth is he has always had Mama or Brother or someone he was comfortable with all his life right there with him. He held Ben's hand during swim lessons or new classes at church. He clings to me whenever someone he doesn't recognize tries to talk to him. And don't get me started on his mother... His favorite phrases include "sweet Mama," "cuddle, Mommy," or sometimes "I want Mommy!" But I'm hoping some of this will change now that he's started preschool.
So far Will has taken very well to preschool. He talks like he doesn't want to go, but when it's time, he goes willingly. The first day of preschool--the same day as his birthday-- Daddy, Ben and Will loaded up in the car for school. I dropped off Ben at Kindergarten, and Will and Daddy went to McDonalds for our "first day of school celebration breakfast." After that we drove to the preschool where he quickly found a familiar face from church (I'm so thankful for Ethan!). He went right in and started playing. His teacher, Miss Ginger, said that he did very well and was the "social butterfly" after he warmed up to the group. I'm excited about what is in store for Will in this new chapter of his life.
*************
Here are a few pictures I wanted to share that Ben and Will took with the camera the other day... future professional photographers, I'd say :)

No comments: