Saturday, August 23, 2008

10 years

Yesterday--August 22nd--was mine and Amy's 10 year wedding anniversary!

On that day ten years ago, I made a series of promises--
"Tim, will you take Amy to be your wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love, honor and cherish 'til death do you part?" "I will."

"I, Tim, take you, Amy, to be my wife to live together according to God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony. I promise to love you as Christ loves the Church, knowing that Christ gave His life for the Church unconditionally. This is the love I share with you."

"Amy, this ring is a symbol of my love for you. With this ring I give you my faithfulness and devotion, and I will love you forever for my love is of Christ, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

8/22/98

8/22/08 Amy, over ten years, in whatever ways I have succeeded in these vows, may God help me be even better. And in the many ways I have failed to live up to these promises, please forgive me and may God give me the grace to change. You are an amazing wife, and every moment of these past ten years I have loved being your husband. I love you... forever. You're my favorite.

*****************

Oh, and as an anniversary present, our adoption agency emailed us to tell us we received our TA ("Travel Approval"). We've now applied with the US Consulate to ask for an appointment with them on Sept. 22, 23, 24 or 25 (which would have us leaving on the 11th)... they have five business days to give us an answer. If we don't get one of these dates, we won't travel until the 18th.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for a wonderful "Babymoon" and escape from reality. You are a wonderful husband and father, and I love you!!! You're my favorite!