Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm the luckiest dad in the world

My daughter is amazing. I can't believe we are finally together! I am even more amazed that she has bonded with me so well already! Oh, how my heart is ready to burst :)

(my new favorite picture, I think)


Well, since I'm nice and all, I let Amy get on-line first after we put Kate to bed tonight (that, and it's taking me a long time to convert all the video to the computer). So, go visit her blog soon.

Amy is quite amazing, too. What you don't know is that, because I knew it was common for the adopted child to have a preference for one parent over the other, I was afraid I would be the one rejected. What would have devestated me, Amy is handling wonderfully. She has been great, finding opportunities to bond little by little, helping me out all the time, and encouraging me and giving me confidence that I'm doing a good job.

Video of our first moments with Kate...

Some time well spent at Haagen Dazs...

7 comments:

Stacie said...

There isn't anything sweeter in the world than watching your family grow! Kate is as beautiful as we thought she would be. We are praying for you. Congratulations Daddy!

tara said...

Your videos made me cry! Keep up the videography!Congratulations!

RSK said...

I just left a post for Amy, but bro, I am so happy for you all- I can't believe how gorgeous she is, and to hear your all's voices when you see her is the most heartwarming thing ever....Love you guys, enjoy your days and see you soon

Ashlie said...

I agree...hearing your voices when you see her brought tears! Such a special moment to have captured...She is beautiful!!!

Jeff said...

Congratulations to your family. I've been following Amy's blog for a while, but fairly new to yours. It's neat to read both perspectives on "his" and "hers" blogs. Enjoying the video footage.

Anonymous said...

I'm still crying as I type this. My first response is....WITH ALL MY HEART, THANK YOU FOR LETTING US BE A PART OF THIS AMAZING MOMENT. I mean, Tim, you didn't have to do that, and yet...it was like we were THERE with you. Thank you for that precious video. I felt beyond privileged. Praise Jesus for ALL He is blessing you with minute by minute. We love you guys! There is nothing sweeter than watching a child bond to his/her FATHER.

Tooz said...

Tim, I love seeing you, Amy, the boys and Kate together! What a blessing you are to our church family!