Monday, October 13, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

(Brushing our teeth!)


A quick update. (I don't have much time... I distracted her with Cheerios, but she won't let me be away from her too long!)


Everything has been going very well. We went to the Civil Affairs office this morning to sign all the paperwork to make Kate officially ours (at least as far as the Chinese government is concerned)! We had to take Kate with us back to the place where we picked her up yesterday. She seemed to handle it pretty well. Actually, when some of the orphanage workers who brought her to us yesterday tried to get her to come to them, she refused to leave my side! Wow. However, she was not especially patient of the time it took to complete the paperwork... many times she got upset with me that when she grabbed my hand I wouldn't follow her outside.

Also, a highlight of my night yesterday: She got upset and started crying just before bedtime, so it was left to me to try to soothe her. I picked her up and took her to the bedroom. I bounced her for a moment, which soon led to dancing in circles, which soon led to me singing to her. For some reason, James Taylor's "You Are My Only One" came to my head. She loved it. She hugged my neck a little tighter, took some deep breaths, and totally gave it up. I have no words to describe what this feels like to have this strong connection already with this precious little girl. Like I said before, she's the other woman of my dreams!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

The image of your first dance with Kate and that song choice, amazing! From one "Daddy's Little Girl" to a daddy, these moments cannot be replaced or manufactured. It's the real thing, Tim.

Alyssa Shelton Curry said...

Ok, after midnight...still bawling with joy for you - literally. What an incredible journey. Pure happiness.

Unknown said...

We've gathered around the computer as a family and watched all the videos. They're so precious.

I wouldn't trade anything for my "daddy's girl". Everyone should get to experience that.

We couldn't be happier for you guys.