Tuesday, December 30, 2008

converting slides


My Christmas present from my parents this year was a little different. I told them if they got me a scanner that converted slides into digital images, I would take on the project of transferring all of my parents' and grandmother's years and years and thousands and thousands of slides into jpg images. So, Merry Christmas to me???

Anyway, I think it will be for me like jigsaw puzzles are for my mom. (By the way, my mom is what you might call a "jigsaw puzzle junkie.") Slow and time consuming. Addictive. Painstakingly detailed. Small victories in completed sections. And something to really be proud of when I'm finished. Unlike her though, I have the benefit of not having to undo all the work I spent so much time on when I'm finished.

I also have the opportunity to show off a few of the treasures I have come across along the way (Wasn't I a cute little kid?):

No comments: