Sunday, February 18, 2007

Teach... with your life

"Teach... with your life"
1 Timothy 4:12 (The Message)

Set an example. Live a life that speaks and teaches. What does my life say? I get so caught up with living for myself. I care about me and my happiness and fortune and comfort. When will I learn to live for God and others? Why do I have to be so selfish?

I want my ministry to be effective. I want to teach in a way that it means something to them... that they feel it deeply, it resonates strongly, it connects meaningfully, it lasts indefinitely. Teach with my life. I can't teach with my life if I'm hiding.

How do I teach with my life about the things in this verse? I'm not sure my life has much to say about faith or love or integrity. My life is a struggle much of the time and I wonder how deeply it's taken hold in me-- how do I teach from that!?

How could I do more teaching from my life? How can I get more into their daily living with my daily living? How do I get my life into others'? Lord, help me to open up and reveal myself to others-- but let what I am be what You want it to be. I want to be worth You showing off. May You receive all glory and honor from my life. Amen.

(Lectio Divino from Winter Retreat 1/17)

No comments: