Friday, February 9, 2007

Return

After a bout with strep, I'm back. I took my last antibiotic today.

Yesterday was moving day, part 1. We moved out of our house in Somerset into the temporary dwelling of my mother-in-law's house. We aren't supposed to take possession of our house in Georgetown until February 26th. It's amazing how much "stuff" can accumulate.

In the midst of buying houses and recovering from my deathbed illness, I took a sabbath retreat. My friend, Danny, agreed to come alongside me and give spiritual direction for a couple days. He guided me through scripture and helped me discern some of what the Lord is saying to me about my relationship with Him. It was very enlightening but far too short. I'm still processing Hebrews 12:1-3, Ecclesiastes 11:4 and Matthew 14:22-33. (By the way, I find myself quite indebted to Eugene Peterson and his Bible paraphrase, The Message.) And now, after only a little while with Danny, I have a ton more books I need to read!

Lord, don't give up on me yet.

No comments: